Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Ambivalent Blogger

Welcome to my newly created blog. I hope to contribute something which you will find worth reading and I also hope to hear from colleagues and fellow participants. I look forward to receiving and considering their comments.

While I have been aware of blogging for a long time, I have up till now been reluctant to join the Blogosphere. Although I love communicating (try stopping me talking sometimes), I am very aware that once my missives are made public, they are really public – not sure I like this idea!

I have had the advantage of starting work in libraries many years ago and have watched the development of computing with great interest. I have usually been an early adopter of technology but am cautious about social networking online. A large part of my reluctance is that I find it hard to keep in contact with my offline friends often enough.

My library work involves me in publicising the library, its services and activities. Blogging is a wonderful extra tool to use for publicity but my employer does not allow staff access to blogs. We are unable to access even the State Library blogs. I access these from home.

I am looking forward to completing the Web 2.0 program and grateful to the State Library for making it possible to learn online so easily.

True Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment